The protection of your IP is paramount to maintaining continued business success in the ever more competitive, modern business world. Mahons with Yuncken & Yuncken Lawyers understand this fundamental necessity and provide clients with high quality legal services across a wide range of IP law matters.
Intellectual property can take many different forms, and often forms the basis of the competitive advantage of a business. As a business, trademarks tell the public who we are, and can encapsulate many years of hard work, building and maintaining a strong reputation, into a single word or symbol. The quality or reliability of our products is remembered by users for decades because of the use of branding. Copyright and patenting protect our creative works, and aim to direct the financial reward for the commercial development of a great idea to its rightful owner.
When dealing with property of high value, protection and security are always paramount, and the intangible nature of intellectual property makes it no different. Intellectual property is what differentiates your business from the competition, in more ways than one, and is often the most valuable asset in your possession. As such, it is truly imperative that you have good advice on hand for both securing new ideas and brands from their inception, and also for defending against attacks on existing ones by infringing parties.
Mahons with Yuncken & Yuncken Lawyers has a wealth of experience in the field of intellectual property, and offer a full range of services to allow you to identify, protect and maintain intellectual property rights within Australia and internationally. From the outset, Mahons with Yuncken & Yuncken Lawyers can identify your intellectual property and develop a cost effective and practical strategy for achieving the protection you need in the most commercially attractive locations.
We have experience in advising private and publicly listed companies and not-for-profit organisations on a wide range of intellectual property issues.
Our expertise in this area includes but is not limited to:
- Advising on issues regarding trademarks such as infringement, validity and ownership disputes
- Advising on issues regarding copyright such as infringement and ownership
- Advising on the complex areas of new media and e-commerce
- Advising on issues related to the protection or disclosure of confidential information
- Acting on behalf of clients in litigation proceedings in court
- Performing intellectual property due diligence
- Advising on all aspects of brand protection, from the initial protection measures through to protection of intellectual property in court
- Advising clients on how to proceed in collaborative development projects with other businesses
- Advising on the divestment and acquisition of intellectual property
- Advising on issues relating to the licensing of copyright, trademarks, patent protected inventions and know-how